Why not you?
Mercy Ships is a faith-based hospital ship charity providing free essential surgery for some of Africa’s most marginalised people. We offer amazing volunteer opportunities for people with a passion to change the world.
Each crew member is an integral part of providing life-changing operations to children who have been ostracised, and adults who have experienced a lifetime of needless suffering.
As we prepare to return to Senegal in 2021, you can volunteer for different roles and different time commitments.
- Opportunities include maritime, medical and operational roles
- Critical positions for 1-3 years of service
- Leadership and management volunteer roles that last for 2-5 years,
- Children of long term on-board volunteers attend the on-ship school
Click here to see available positions
Short term volunteer positions
These vary in duration from 2 weeks to 10 months, depending on the role requirements. You can see the minimum volunteer commitment requested in the available positions summaries.
Areas of volunteer service
We need a wide range of people from many backgrounds to keep the ship and its hospital running smoothly. Which role has your name on it?
- Computer and IT specialists
- Photographers, videographers and writers
- Theatre, paediatric and other nurse specialities
- Catering staff
- Specialist medical staff
- and roles for people who simply want to volunteer wherever help is needed
Now’s the perfect time to find out more!
- Check out all the available positions here
- Get in touch with us via our volunteering form so we can keep you up to date on further on specific opportunities
- Read the questions most frequently asked by people considering volunteering here
- Learn about volunteer information specifically for Kiwis
- Watch our volunteering webinar
- Talk about volunteering with Sharon Walls in our Auckland office on 0800 637297 or 09 9504303, or contact by email
There’s a place for you on board!